Wednesday, November 3, 2010

1. The Right to Vote: to be heard and be counted

I'm thankful that I have a voice in shaping and changing the policies that affect my life. Government is necessary to form the structures that allow all of the non-felon adult citizens in the United States of America to vote in regular elections, form opposition parties, and get clear results and new representatives in a matter of hours.

Without the volunteers staffing poling stations, government investments in poling machines, the initial creation of poling locations (schools, government buildings, universities), and neutral government oversight of the whole process, we would not have a democracy. I value the government I have that creates the institutions possible to allow me and my fellow citizens to form and sometimes repeal the rules that dictate our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment